79° Forest Hills, NY

THE BEACON

THE BEACON

THE BEACON

Ice Spice Munchkins Drink at Dunkin’: Is it Worth the Hype?

The Dunkin Ice Spice Munchkins Drink
Natalie Davis
The Dunkin’ Ice Spice Munchkins Drink

The fall 2023 season has officially arrived. To add some spice to their fall 2023 lineup, Dunkin’ Donuts has officially released their new drink in collaboration with American rapper Ice Spice, known as “The Ice Spice Munchkins Drink.” The drink is a blend of frozen coffee and pumpkin munchkin donut holes, topped with whipped cream and caramel drizzle as the finishing touch. 

The release of the newly added drink has caused much sensation throughout the rappers’ fan base, “The Munchkins,” and stealing hearts of many NYC high school students. To gain insight from the student body at Forest Hills High School and neighboring schools in Queens, NY, The Beacon asked a few students about their opinion of the newly debuted drink, and if it had met their overall expectations. 

Two anonymous students from Queens Metropolitan High School tried the drink, and prior to trying it out, didn’t have high expectations on account of all of the mixed reviews. Both students had opposite opinions on the texture. However, both agreed that it matched the overall fall lineup, appearance-wise. “It tastes like a pumpkin munchkin. I was expecting much worse. Although this would not be my first choice when buying at Dunkin, I would recommend someone to buy the drink,” one Queens native informed The Beacon

“The taste isn’t even that bad, because it tastes just like a pumpkin munchkin with caramel. However, I’m displeased with the texture. At this point, I would much rather purchase a pumpkin spice latte with caramel,” the other replied.

Catching up with students here at Hills, one student felt that “it’s almost like a pumpkin spice latte. I would probably not purchase it again, but I would recommend it for someone to try.”

Similar to the students from Metro, it seemed that Hills students also felt the drink did not meet their expectations.

Dunkin’s new twist to a fall-inspired drink has captivated an abundance of attention this season. While the Ice Spice Munchkins’ Drink is for a limited time while supplies last, we do hope to see new seasonal additions to Dunkin’s Menu. And remember, “America Runs on Dunkin’” …and Ice Spice.