78° Forest Hills, NY

THE BEACON

THE BEACON

THE BEACON

Trivia Night

Trivia+Night

On Tuesday, March 28, Hills hosted a trivia night in the teachers’ cafe and boy, were our brains put to the test. Students were able to spend time with their friends and compete with others. Each round focused on different subjects, asking questions such as, “What is Coulrophobia?” as well as the history of Forest Hills and its teachers. By the end of each round, members of student government collected answers and reviewed everything prior to totaling up point values. Each team earned 1 point per question.

The Beacon spoke with some of the students who participated in trivia night to get their thoughts on the event. It’s evident that the experience itself creates memories and lots of laughs for the evening, but a few of the winners were a bit disappointed in the lack of prize in the end. “Trivia has become a tradition for me and my friends since we started attending sophomore year,” said student Ayari Zarate. “Last year we had more opportunities to attend but sadly it was cut shorter this year. I wish there were more trivia nights as it’s very enjoyable.”

Another trivia winner, Stephan Menache, also stated that “The trivia nights have
been a lot of fun. There should definitely be trivia nights more often, hopefully monthly, and the scores for teams should be added up like last year. We definitely deserved medals for winning today like they did last year.”

As well, The Beacon checked in with the host of the evening, and President of Student Government, Kaylee Pierre, who established that “Trivia night is a fun way to spread information about history and our school, Forest Hills High School, and sports. It’s also a good way to bring students together.” She also informed The Beacon that they also received a lot of requests from students on Instagram. “It’s a good way to keep the community together and spirit together.”

As an attendee of trivia night myself, I can honestly say I’d return. It was a cool experience because it truly builds memories with friends. Hopefully Hills can continue the trivia night traditions including prizes for all winners.